Talk to us free: 215.884.2491

News | Mar 13, 2011

Pennsylvania Employees Can File Overtime Claims Directly in Court

The Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act provides employees with the right to overtime premium pay, and employees who believe their overtime rights have been violated can file an administrative complaint with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry. However, I continue to be surprised at how many Pennsylvania workers believe that this avenue is the only one available when their rights are violated. In fact, Pennsylvania employees can proceed directly to court when their overtime rights are violated, and, as our firm repeatedly demonstrates, the employee will recover his/her unpaid overtime more quickly and efficiently than if he/she pursued the claim through the Labor and Industry Department.

Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.